Monday, April 3, 2017

Marry My....

Ahem... um... This next week will be the last ... everything ... of my mission experience here in the land of Perth, Australia.
It is interesting to think about the kind of person I would be if Heavenly Father didn't send me here. It makes me sad to think about all the people I wouldn't have met, all the opportunities I wouldn't have had to bear my simple but strong testimony of Jesus Christ. So I don't think about it very much, and instead my heart is overflowing with gratitude for all the people I have met, all the opportunities I have had to bear my testimony, and all the lessons I have learned.
I. AM. SO. GRATEFUL.
Sister Fife has told us that when we go home, we shouldn't leave our mission here. We should pack it up and take it with us. I'm halfway packed as far as my clothes and such goes. I still need to buy some Tim Tams...can't forget those!  But don't worry, I've packed up my mission and I'm definitely taking it with me. I hope to take it with me everywhere I go. I hope to leave traces of my mission and of Australia with the words I speak and the things I do.
Yesterday was overwhelming. It was my last Sunday in the Greenmount Ward. I love Greenmount Ward. These are my people. I had an opportunity to bear my testimony and I was filled with love as I looked out and made eye contact with almost everyone in the congregation. I love them. Greenmount, I'll come back one day. I'll bring my little babies and my hubby too. Just give me a few years. ;)
Speaking of hubby, yesterday was also overwhelming because so many people were trying to set me up with their friend, grandson, brother, you name it! I don't think I can move past the handshakes yet!! Hahaha! President Brown (he's in the mission presidency and is in our ward) came up to me with a paper and a pen and told me to write down my name, my address, and my phone number. He will tell his grandson in Utah to call me. Gahhhh!!!!
General Women's Conference was so good. It was too short!! I was just getting comfortable and then it was over! I love conference. It's up there on my favorites with Dec. 25 and June 25. ;)
In a testimony we sometimes hear the words love, grateful for, believe, know. Those are words of great importance and power. I also like the word, testify.
I testify that there is a God in Heaven and He is our Father. He knows us perfectly and by name, and His love for us is incomprehensible. I testify that Jesus Christ is our Savior. Because of Him we will all live again, and we can be made happy, whole, and sanctified. What a blessing! I testify that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and through Jesus Christ, he restored the fullness of the gospel to the earth. Joseph Smith is my hero. I testify that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. Don't take my word for it. Read it yourself. I testify that the Savior wants to forgive. I testify that eternal life and exhalation are attainable for all of us if we will repent and keep a humble heart and make and keep covenants with God.

I will see you all soon. Well, most of you. Some of you I hope to see you again soon!
I love you all. 
Love,
Sister Beardall


Our friend Rachel made us her famous donuts.
I'm in the fourth row, third one in from the right. It was a pleasure to be in his presence!
A Chinese Date! 
We had dinner with our friends Donna and Carl! We love them.
What we find when tracting.
Reminders again to Preach My Gospel






No comments:

Post a Comment