Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Hello, Sister Tuifua

G'day Mates,
I'm happy to be here today. And everyday... 
My new companion is Sister Tuifua from the Kingdom of Tonga!!! I love her. She is so beautiful and so kind and so funny. She eats 2 minute noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so that means I've gotta pick up my cooking and baking game...! Haha!  Her favorite food is fruit. Her favorite color is green. She has four siblings, like me! She is a convert of 3 years. She likes to play basketball so we will get a long well... She learned English in Tonga, but we still do language study. Her English good! It's always difficult transitioning to a new companion, for me at least. I was with Sister Johnson for such a long time. Different people, different cultures, different experiences, different personalities, all make up different lessons I'll be able to learn and changes I'll be able to make in myself. I'm excited for the miracles I hope will happen, and for the new friend I'm able to gain.
Sister Tuifua must have a magic touch... this week 3 of our investigators/less actives have prayed in our lessons! That's a big deal people! It can be so hard for that to happen. I felt the spirit as they prayed and they felt it too. 
When we were tracting this week, we met two friends, a boy and a girl, Oliver and Sienna, 10 years old. They rode up on their bikes as we were approaching Sienna's house. We started talking to them. I totally agree with the Saviors commandment to "become as a little child" (3 Nephi 11:37, Mosiah 3:19 etc.). They were so open and they both believed in God. They loved to be good and they went to church on Wednesdays at their church school. Sienna went in to get her dad, and as soon as she saw us he said, "No thank you. We're fine." I was hoping we would have an experience like Harriet Uchtdorf in Pres. Uchtdorf's talk, Fourth Floor, Last Door. We left and eventually Oliver came around the corner behind us on his skateboard. We started talking to him and told him more about what we do as missionaries. He said, "Thanks really cool." He told us his parents aren't Christian. I hesitated to go on because he's just a little kid and his parents weren't with us, but I decided to go ahead anyway. I gave him the Book of Mormon that was in my hands and showed him the pictures. He loved it because it was bendy and not stiff like his hard bound Bible at home. ;) We gave him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet to read too and he was pretty excited. We hope that he keeps the Book of Mormon and that someday he'll join the church.
I want to share some quotes with you that I love.
"A happy attitude and smiling countenance could boost one over almost any misfortune. Every individual is responsible for his/her own happiness." Ada Bitner Hinckley
"If the foundation of faith is not embedded in our hearts, the power to endure will crumble." Henry B. Eyring

I hope you all know I love you. I'm your sister. We are family. Share the good news with someone this week, okay?
Love,
Sister Beardall


Let's do this.
Sis. Penrod and I went to a Ceramics shop in Guildford on Pday.
There were about 6 antique shops we went in. Pretty interesting!

We played ping pong in the Guildford Hotel. (There was a fire and it has been turned into a restaurant.) 

I just really like Palm Trees.

A perfect palm tree.

San Churros for the win. I had an expiring voucher so we HAD to go.

Haha. 

Ikea has the BEST Sweedish Meatballs! Pretty cheap too! 

I brought my watercolors and look what she did.

Look at these clouds!!! There was lightning in them later that night.

This rooster wins prizes in shows. It's perfect.

Just some roos doing what they do.

Sister's Study

Sister's Study 2

How beautiful upon the paving are the feet of those that publish peace... (Mosiah 15:6) Hahaha. Jokes.

Love heart.

Love heart again. I think it was a sign from Heaven. 

I'm just too bright...




No comments:

Post a Comment