Thursday, March 23, 2017

Fair Dinkum

(Edit: Fair Dinkum is a phrase in Australia that means "the truth")

Dear Everyone, 
I have learned and experienced more this week than I have in a few weeks combined, I feel. Plus I just read 33 emails, and I've been to the temple and the shops today, so....my brain. You know what I'm saying? Okay cool.
I've decided I'm tired of driving so much, so I made it a point to bike and walk more this week. We've been doing lots of wall sits during exercise to help our legs. ;)  We tracted a long street both sides and we found two families, they are married (check!), have jobs (check!), and have children (tripple check!). It was so fun to talk to them. They were actually interested in our message of the Restoration and we gave each of them a Book of Mormon. They said we could come back and teach them more!
We also had a few members refer their sister or their friend. They told us to just pretend we were tracting and see what happens. Haha. There is a more effective way.....but. We did so, and I feel their hearts were softened! All you need to do is smile and complement their garden for them to start talking to you. ;) The sister of one member doesn't like our church, or so she says, but by the end she was asking if we could stay so she could show us her new dog. She told us to tell our member that we just about had them converted. ;) One day.
We had Stake Conference and I was able to see my Recent Convert, Belinda! She is doing good. Her boy, William is 15 months now and huge! She is totally embracing the gospel. I'm grateful to be her friend. I will be forever.
Something to ponder: We know that Christ is our Advocate with the Father. An advocate is basically someone who pleads your case on your behalf. When we are brought before our Heavenly Father to be judged, Christ will plead our case to Heavenly Father. He will be our advocate. What facts, matters, and circumstances will Christ be able to use to plead your case to the Father?
Did you know? Pink and Grey Galas mate for life? You will always see them as pairs. If not, they will always be alone.
Thank you for your support and prayers. I love you.
Love,
Sister Beardall



Sister Fife offered to take our photo and she got really close! haha. I love Belinda.

We had an Islander Party for Sister's Pday. I was one of the non-islanders, but I just pretended to be one and it was a lot of fun! Haha!
We cracked coconuts in the parking lot and drank the water!
Last time I touched a real coconut was when my parents went to Hawaii for their....what was it...20th wedding anniversary? 
Tracting in the jungle. 
Hibiscus!!
The STLs came over to do splits for a few hours. This was when we became unsplit after, of course. ;)
Language Study turned art show. 

The Duo.
It's Sister Tuifua's birthday today!!
That's the bishop and his wife. He's the most sarcastic man I've ever met. At least he goes to the temple. ;)
Oh! Can you find me?? This was with Elder Renlund











No comments:

Post a Comment